Thursday, July 17, 2008

Chapter Two -From Feker to Rihana - June 10, 2008

babe! I'm like so lost without our mails :). Seriouslythough ... that mediocrity spell, I feel, is fastapproaching. And this fabulous gal needs to dosomething about it. And what better company thananother equally fabulous gal? (the former being me thelatter you ... lol ... ) Nways, babe ... how goes it?I think an email from you is long overdue since youhave so much to share while my life currently consistsof arguing with my mom like a sixteen year old abouttiny details like which color my 'ansola' needs to beor how i should have learnt how to cook a long timeago like she told me to so that I won't starve nextyear. yeah! real exciting! But other than that, Ican't ask for more, except maybe a bit moreinternational news on CNN just so I wouldn't have tolook at another update about Hulk Hogan or whateverhis face is and his son's trial ( i'm still hazy overthe details). Today mitish the ppl upstairs invited us over for'buna' which of course also involved an elaboratelayout of buffe and just as I was about to dig intothe doro wot, our very own emaciated ppl came on T.V.,harbingers of yet another dirq that is threatening tohit our country sometime in September. And ... inja... yehone neger tenanekegn takialesh mitish. Beka Idon't quite know how to describe it ... just the sheerinjustice of it all beka betam azenku. Just like theadults all i did was give lip service and chant, 'ayyachi yaltadelech ager!' then moved on to some teraconversation about how when ppl are hungry they can becapable of the most 'insane' things. Ay mitish, gidyeleshim sometimes minew indeneza sewoch baregegnilalew. You know those ppl, who never look back? Wewere talkin about the same subject with Y theother day he was also saying how a lot of his friendscouldn't care less whether they returned or not. Infact, most of them are so very content with theirlives here. He on the other hand, wants to teach at aUniversity not because he particularly likes theprofession but because it would afford him to go toEthiopia during breaks. And then it hit me. People whosuffer most are those who are in between, sort of likehow we are right now. We can't tear ourselves away butwe can't just pick up and leave. Mitish, plz plz don'tcall me negative but sometimes i'm scared to have theguts to leave one day and there would be no country togo back to. I know that's not gonna happen ginsometimes i'm so scared that the we might end upsharing Somalia's fate. Sibihattttttttttt! Bicha hun,sorry for the somber letter, I just had to vent. Willbe expecting to read u soon. wedishalew.

No comments: