Wednesday, July 16, 2008

From Feker to Rihana - Nov (last) 2007

Mitiye anjete, kulalite, mare ... (have you noticed
how Amharic terms of endearment are either food or
body organ related ... hmmm)

First off, I have to warn you that this email might
sound depressed cause that is the state I'm in right
now ... simply CANNOT focus on work and its pissing me
off. I need to take my mind off of that so here goes
... my attempt to describe a relaxing break in Jupiter
in such a mood. (by the by I was over there with S
and family)

Mitish, the break was excellent blah blah blah but of
course I won't bore you with details. Just one thing
though ... at the Thanks giving dinner hosted at
G’s place in the Jupiter. there were these other
kids invited as well. I recognized the two, they had
gone to my elementary School minamin but the third one was
this guy, he was from Ethiopia doing his
master's at Harvard. Bicha mitisha, my faith in
actually settling down with an Ethiopian guy was
restored eilishalew. I mean G had told me about
him, she had gone on and on about how smart he was
(duh ... lol)but above that how he would listen to
every argument she had to make, however silly. So we
were all sitting around and talking about politics
(what else for habeshoch?) and mitisha I was seriously
beka impressed. EVERYONE was emotional, misguided,
downright rude sometimes but he ... wouuuuuwwwouuu ...
he would somehow stir the conversation back to the
issue and talk so calmly and confidently and just make
you feel lucky you were in his presence. And I said
... yup ... that's what I want. At first I thought it
was the Harvard 'sim' ... but not really mitisha.
Beka, nothing absolutely NOTHING attracts me to a guy
more than his mind. Wey tata mitisha and imagine
seeing all that 'chinkilat' in a habesha guy?? Not to
diss my habesha men, and yeah of course there is the
'tiru lib' part also gin .... i was just blown away
mitish. Yemiyasazinew, I probably heard him talk for
10 minutes but I've already put him on a pedestal ...
cause it has ceased being about him but 'sewiyew' ...
and mitish ... that elusive sewiye has to resemble
this man and what i've added to his existing qualities
in my silly little head ...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH mitish, how fickle
human being are gin! I came back yesterday all pumped
to do work over the weekend so as to not feel guilty
about partying over the whole break gin min yaregal
... computer kifit, ayn fitit! Mitish as much as I
love my solitude, sometimes, just for a fraction of a
second it hits me that I am alone, different from
lonely, and its like this piercing realization that
maybe I've been wrong all along, this obsession with
protecting my heart from all sorts of heart, never let
anyone near enough to actually have that power over
you. That is an open question mitiye. I was talking to
this girl over the weekend who, woyew mitiye, was so
obviously scarred over her previous relationship with
her ex. She said ... she envied me cause I still had
that innocence air about me ... that now I'm actually
mature enough to handle the heartache ... she said she
was hurt real bad. Saron as well said that she just
doesn't trust people anymore ... Coming back to moi,
dunno mitiye. I think for the most part, the reason I
refrained from relationships was cause I was
sooooooooooooooo scared of mediocrity. (lol major
Scott flashback moment ... I think I wrote something
about this to him as well) bicha mequacha yelelew
merrygoaround ...

darling ... yibkagn ... i feel drained and depressed
and tikusatam ... i'll tell you how its gonna work out
gin a possible internship opp. in boston for j-term
has presented itself. esti write back my darling ...
me misses your wisdomfullness self. wedishalew.

No comments: