Wednesday, July 16, 2008

From Rihana to Feker - Oct ? 2007

> Darlin, having enough time to email - yenema> yegebagnal ere adera ene ato Masreshan!!! The reason> i do understand is cuz that's exactly how i feel.> The thing with me tho is that i'm a classic> procrastinator - So emailing you becomes a pleasure.> More so cuz i can say anything i want and i know> you'll feel my heartbeat and my smile with every word> that i type. > > I have a Pol Econ exam ( darlin i'm in love my> body builder prof. Now all of a sudden he doesn't> look too big, he's just right. his cute face and> smile rise above his shy self - It amazes me how> much i fall in love with people's minds). I have> another International Politics exam, ( my prof.. well her story> can wait - she's pretty ok herself). Another econ> reflection paper ( with that old lady, darlin> sometimes i don't have a heart - i want to die in> that class, especially when i think of how amazing> it would have been if someone else gave that> class... wiii atanshebegn cheguaraye new yemilatew)> , and my final paper - you won't believe this -> analyzing a workers strike which happened in Egypt,> with Marx’s perspective ( Darlin, this women, i don't> even know how to tell you. As impossible as me> writing that paper sounds, her passion for her topic> makes me believe that i can somehow come up with> some sort of analysis just to satisfy her by making> her sure that she has students who> actually listen. you know what i use to tell you> about kusia, well she's him... just a thousand times> more so, she's passionate, darlin you wouldn't> believe, i sit in class more captivated by her than> by what she's saying - mebrer new yemikerat, besides> that she's an amazing individual... selesuas> besefiew lela geza) ..... Well all this were just to> tell you - i'm not doing any of that!!!!!! ...I"m> here writing to you .... darlin yemiyasazenew gen> lerasew beye new! ekul lekul esey!!! > > I was just at this bookstore, doing some studying> and bemehal i jotted this down... i don't know why... > ... am just going to type it so if it doesn’t' make> sense.. well aznalew... make sense out of it .. i> rarely make sense of the things i say myself.> > Diwan bookstore, Cairo Egypt.> > " Am i wrong to feel at peace in my solitude? I> feel my safest when i'm by myself. I attain my peace> when it's just me and possibly my book. A crowd for> me is a perfect company. I achieve both solitude and> still not fear of being alone - does this make> sense?> ... i want my apartment to myself, i want my> friends, who i love, to go , at least for a while.> Am i really selfish? Is this being selfish? I> want men in my life only at a given time, my friends> at a different instance. My contentment is not when> i have company, it's when i'm away from it. > I love the crowd, i can't be without it. That's> where i find my solitude. (contradiction???) It> gives me the option of choosing what i want - for> now i choose to be alone... I may be running away> from a lot of things, maybe taking the safest route,> but for now ... it's just beyond my ability to take> the joy out of me, right this second, sitting in> Dewan bookstore in Cairo, surrounded by many people> conversing in a language which i'm struggling to> understand. Sitting in front of a man making> coffee... surrounded by hundreds of books, Just me> on my table - This second right now, i have peace of> mind, containment... i breathe and i feel good”...> i somehow wanted to remember that moment, i think> that's why i'm saying it to you... so that i won't> forget...> > Back to real life - where silliness and laughing> are guaranteed cures for everything and everyone....> Anchi dengay! N ke mistu gar atayew. i was just> saying we chill with them. Gen mitisha, i would love> to tell you about the other person. I don't think i> should do it now...i'm not in the mood to write> about such things now...the name is ___. I think> that should do... it's not a big deal... sort of> going back to high school... just chillin and enjoyin> the drama that comes along... yet again back to> silliness...> > Oh... yegna cook adragi.. esti graduate adergina> yetayelesh! ... i have done my share of cooking > Time - Mekses se'at> Recipe - Two spoonful of Oil on pan> - Two eggs on pan> - Salt on Pan> - Bread from store .... Voila .....> > Other than that... darlin Egypt offers one of the> most amazing foods in the world - trick ... Order> In!!!!!!!!! I love Cairo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!> > About F... Mitisha, enenja, i honestly don't> know how i feel about it. Yeah i am proud of her and> all of that. But the situation it a bit unclear, so i wouldn't know how logical all her> thinking has been... and enenja miti something about> it just doesn't feel right for me... i guess ones i> talk to her i will understand. I will pray that it> is the best thing for her though. Like you said,> independence is the key... Oh darlin how we take so> many things for granted.....> > Your library Idea - yaw endemenawkew... arif...> zem bey, we might now even have to wait for that> guy... (oh speaking of that... i just read this> really funny thing on fb - yeah yeah i know... men> laderge... be facebook tebelashew... anyhoo... go to> notes and theres one that this habesha guy from> UMASS put up somethin called wallstreet ..> goldiggers...i don't know... yeleju sem A? i> think Sasa use to know him... anbebiw betam yasekal> )....> > To offer a different perspective of - only English> being spoken in schools. It does sound ridiculous to> us. But here is the idea - These kids after assuming> they've spoken in English at school, go home to> their Ethiopian parents and family and will,> wededum telum, speak in Amharic and will live there> Habesha lives. In a world were globalization is a> reality, they have to grow up with the capabilities> of integrating themselves and the countries they're> from in this world. And English, is the medium by> which they will be able to fully interact. Menem> bihon ( especially thinking of the majority of> Ethiopians, with no possibility of getting to know> the purple dinosaur, at least during our lifetime)> will be given the possibility of the "wider world"> cuz menem biyon their Ethiopiawinet and everything> that comes with it, will be there, tewededem> tetelam... > > Like Ato Mekonnen was saying (who by the way was> the one who explained to me this perspective), even> now as we speak, jobs are being offered to people who> have a better command in English. It's just the> reality we're currently living in. We shouldn't> consider it as forgetting our roots and not giving> who we are enough attention. It's sort of going> beyond that and integrating... English just happened> to be the medium to do so.> > The library idea - Mitisha it amazes me ... i get> shivers down my spine from what i read. It's not> just what i read, it's actually realizing that> people just like you and me are the ones who had the> faculty to write it, to Imagine it, to comprehend it> all... isn't that fasinating... yesewen chenkelat> yakel men ale???!!! Nothing.> > Darlin... shit... endet weregna negnnn!!!!! it's> past 1 am and i still havent' covered half of the> things i should have, i better get back....

Adnakish> ke Cairo. >

> Kelebe Gar,> >

P.S . If that husband doesn't show soon enough, we> can publish our emails and make some money! I ain't> kiddin... ay ene ... ayesh wede bussinessum gora!!!> hihi men yeshalegna ... egzer did take his time> making me!

No comments: