Thursday, July 17, 2008

From Feker to Rihana - Nov 30, 2007

Mitish ... wouwwwwwwwwoouuu lewere kemechekole
yetenesa I can't even go through the proper
selamtawoch ...
Well where should I start? How about the Co
friend? Woy gudddddddddddd ... let's leave the ____
thing aside ina just on the politics. I
admire mitish, I have utmost respect for him. Endet
arif feeling new? To go after one thing
single-mindedly? The Alchemist ... "To realize one's
destiny is a person's only obligation." (Thanks
mitish, I did read it finally and it fell nothing
short of my expectations). What must it feel like? I'm
sure its the most exhilarating feeling. Good for him
... I just hope I have that for myself too ... Darlin
I have to share this poem with you ... yemirgermew I
picked up the book randomly coming back from Boston
... I was bored with the book I took for the bus trip
and just picked this one up coming back and one poem
in particular, I just can't get out of my head.

The Journey

One day you finally knew
what you had to do, and began,
though the voices around you
kept shouting
their bad advice --
though the whole house
began to tremble
and you felt the old tug
at your ankles.
"Mend my life!"
each voice cried.
But you didn't stop.
You knew what you had to do,
though the wind pried
with its stiff fingers
at the very foundations,
though their melancholy
was terrible.
It was already late
enough, and a wild night,
and the road full of fallen
branches and stones.
But little by little,
as you left their voices behind,
the stars began to burn
through the sheets of clouds,
and there was a new voice
which you slowly
recognized as your own,
that kept you company
as you strode deeper and deeper
into the world,
determined to do
the only thing you could do --
determined to save
the only life you could save.

~ Mary Oliver ~

Des aylim ... esp. the last stanza or whatever it is
they call it ... ' the only life you could save ...'.
Nways, mitish, movin on ... ___ issue. ine inja
mitish, sometimes i just throw my hands up in
frustration and admit that to try to understand the
motives of some people is just futile, even dangerous
sometimes. ho ho feri lenatu biloal yagere sew ... For
example, I read on the news last night that this 11
month baby died in a country in Africa after being raped by a 20
year old? Ahun ihe min yibalal? mitish you know me ...
I TRY not to be emotional at times like these ... n
you're really my only outlet since you can predict
Nafi's reaction to such things. Gin mitish for some
reason this one just beka pierced my heart. It was
beyond anything I could find a rational explanation
for ... I just kept on trying to imagine how she would
probably fit on my one arm, wrapped in a blanket,
tiklil bila tegnita, her eyes barely visible on her
chubby, dibulbul fit. Ayiyyyy bicha movin on ....

Mitish, I guess tilant I had a breakthrough. So
background to the incident first ... [ and ]had been having some problems, you know mainly
because of the stuff I told you last time, about her
having trust and commitment issues minamin. So she
was feeling REALLY down and I volunteered help
. So I called him minamin, the guy is
really nice and decent mitish, really, but more than
that inja mitisha endet biye hula indemasredash
alakim. I asked himn a few questions and told him that she was really worried about him. He
said he's been having personal problems (I've told you
he's from KK right?) ... and I don't know if
you've been following the story but a similar crisis
to a the 14 year incident happening over there at the
moment. Bicha get this ... the way he described it was
" I can't bear to get out of bed for fear of hearing
something about my family ... any second I fear that
I'm going to receive terrible news". WOYEW! which new
yalkut. When he asked if I understood, mitish, honest
hogne I told him that I won't even pretend to BEGIN to
understand what he's going through. And he said the
reason he's been staying away was because
he's been on his own since childhood and he doesn't
deal with his problems by sharing them with people.
Mitiye, min limelis? Sewinete new yezalew ... I mean
it was nothing new , the lady had told me about it
before gin ... hearing it from him mitiye ... I tried
to imagine him, beka, mitish, bezih alem lay powerless
indemehon min bedel ale? eko min? inja ... bicha, i
changed the subject somehow and told him to call her
blah blah and now they're ok. I guess they talked it
out bedenb. So Mich was with me, we were in the
lib, ina I went back to the study room we were in and
SHE started telling me about her bal and her
relationship minamin. And that's I guess where the
breakthrough came. Mitish ... this tough exterior we
all put on, and this is soooooooo true for me, you
know the 'i really don't care' attitude ... I see it
soooo much in her and I asked her outright if she
really believed in it and she admitted that she
didn't. All of us, in our own little, sometimes
foolish ways, are trying to protect our hearts from
the dreaded 'inkit, dikik, bitin!'. Including me. Gin
mindinew yagere sew yalew ... 'hilm teferto, saytegna
aytaderim'. And here i was 'medeleling' myself that,
really, the reason I don't see or date people is cuz
the 'right' person hasn't come along yet. true to some
extent but .... lelawin legizew hod yifjew biyalew. I
feel like we all try to find that perfection in
another individual when in fact that is IMPOSSIBLE,
hoping that another human would feel that gap, the
yearning for wholeness. Frankly mitish, I still don't
where that would come from gin a mere mortal sure as
hell won't do it.

wedishalew. can't wait to read you soon ...

No comments: