Wednesday, July 16, 2008

From Feker to Rihana - Oct 26, 2007

Mitiye,
I know ... indetefahu yigebagnal ... gin I always want
to write to you when I have enough time, meaning I
wanna take my time so limokish yigebal. Of course
that's also my excuse for not emailing Ato Masresha in
soooooooooooooooo long ... shit anchi andande eko
chigir alebign ... anyhoo ...
Mitiye, endet aleshilign? I saw the pics degmo ...
lookin HOT! Anchi endeeeeee ihe des ayilim yemir
mitisha you were always cute gin this is like sizzlin
HAAAAAATTT! Mindinew yaregush jal? Bicha it looks like
you're havin fun ... gifibet wondime ... you still
have 3 semesters to go in this God forsaken place.
WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII ere wisheten new ... I LOVE MT.HOLY
cause they actually feed you here (I'm forwarding time
to next year and imagining myself cooking ... lol ...
yeah life is funny like that).
Mitisha, you have no idea how proud I am of F. I
told you right, we talked a lot the night we spent at
Laki's? And I wasn't really surprised when you told
me she had gone to Bale. GOOD FOR HER! When you do get
the choice you should always go for independence ...
mitiye we take so much for granted eko ... can you
imagine what it must feel like to be powerless? And I
remember that was what she hated the most about it ...
you know settling down with someone... that she would
indeed have the picture perfect life with her great
husband, the beautiful kids, nice house with the
flashy car ... that she would feel trapped. I am so
very proud of her. Mitiye, can you imagine what people
are gonna say? they're gonna think she had lost it ...
I'm sure. But I guess F is yet another living
example of going after what you really do believe in
... I'm sure its not gonna be easy ... but I have
faith she'll make it.
Hode, anchi gin endet neshilign? Mid terms are coming
up alsh? Well ichin weekend ingidih tewechiat ... I'm
sure you'll be fine. And yeah ... talkin about random
people you haven't already told me about??? Who, for
Pete's sake, is N?... lol ... ay anchi
lij ... endew ayalkibish ...
Darlin, GOD! Bitayi I've been thinkin a lot ... duh
... its like a fifth class when you're a senior ...
bicha I was thinkin and you know what I would love my
career to be? I just came up with it so bear with me
k? Well, as you well know, yagere neger beijigu
yikorekuregnal and since sometimes the economics side
of things is soooooooooo hopeless it got me to thinkin
what else am I passionate about but at the same time
would not revolve around me (like music)? WELL,
remember how we used to say that building libraries in
Ethiopia would be the perfect thing? I extended a bit on
that and thought about books, history books in
particular. And then children books for kids ... but
within the Ethiopian context you know? Mitisha you
know it has now become a trend in schools in Addis to
never allow kids to speak amharic in the school and I
SWEAR mitisha is there a sadder thing to witness than
to see a generation who is more familiar with a purple
dinosaur (Barney) than their own 'kuretegna dimets' or
'Docho'? Anyways, this all depends of course on my
ability to land that rich husband who's gonna fulfill
all my other needs ... lolzzzzz mitishaye, I hope ichi
yewahinetachin will survive, even a small doze of it.
Mitishaye sorry for this jumbled email ... but
hopefully you'll understand it. Beka write back soon
esti ... yemir nafkeshignal. Oh yeah ... almost forgot
about the Habesha kemises ... I LOVED THE GREEN ONE
TOO! lol nways, hear from u soon darlin ...
Wedishalew

No comments: