Tuesday, July 15, 2008

From Feker to Rihana - Oct 4, 2007

Hode ...

I find myself infront of my laptop (yeah i got a new
one!), stalking people on facebook, suddenly come
across a picture of the three of us and ... I MISS
YOU! How about that for an intro? I've been
sooooooooooooooooooooo busy I hadn't even had time to
think! Its crazy mitisha. I might have said this to
you before but I read somewhere once that the people
who suffer most in this world are those who don't know
what they want. Well I've got a better one. What if
you know what you do want to but it seems soooooooooo
out of reach, at least for the moment that's how I feel
things are going for me. Literally everyone on campus,
especially the international students are applying to
all these high paying, investment banking slash
consulting firms and sadly I've had to follow their
footsteps for practicality sake. But at least whatever
happens later, I won't regret not having
tried. But after I'm done with these, and I SERIOUSLY
doubt anything will come out of them, I'm moving on to
what I would LOVE to do ... and let's hope that works
out.

Mitishaye, how's you? I know we lost touch somewhere
along the line. Such is life I guess ... I'm sure
you're busy on your end as well. Our fall break starts
tomorrow and it couldn't have come at a better time. I
need time to organize my thoughts ... goodness its
scary how things can get out of control when you're
all over the place trying to do everything at once. I
have lots to say ... of course I forget half of it when
I start an email to you. Let's see ... ohhhhhh yeah!
E has decided to come over here and do his
master's ... I think he'll be coming over sometime in
February. Isn't it weird ... des imilew his decision
has nothing to do with me. I was reading his email the
other day when he wrote to tell me about his visa and
everything and i found myself thinking ... this would
have been sooooooooooo different if I had loved him.
oh how different it would have been ... but what're
you gonna do. Mitisha sometimes I think I'm at two
opposite ends when I think of relationships I actually
scare myself. On the one side I am so in love with the
idea of being in love i think it just needs a bit of
charisma from the guy and i'm there! on the other side
... mitisha sadly for me (for some reason or another)
there's always this voice at the back of my mind that
whatever this happiness that's supposed to exist
between the stereotypical 'happy couple' is just FAKE
... something out of an annoyingly sweet Friday night
movie. I don't know how to reconcile the two ... but
whatever ... its not like I have to worry about that
any time soon ... THANK GOD! A funny thing happened
the other day ... I was in my African music class with
Amanga and she saw a ring on my finger ... she winked
knowingly and instantly i knew where she was going. so
i played along, sulked a little and told her that nope
the ring was not from prince charming. she 'awww poor
darlin ... you bought it yourself' ... and turned
around cause the teacher was trying to attract our
attention. but i just kept on thinking ... why didn't
i share on her disappointment? why have i suddenly
started to think of the wedding ring as a sort of
polite, lifetime 'chain'? bica more about this when
you come back and we resume our endless philosophies
of the world we think we know so much about.

Darlin ... i did take the lead last weekend and it
went really well. you have to do it when you come
back. I think its a worthwhile experience. What else?
oh yeah ... i'm absolutely loving my Umass class ...
its an econ dev. class on post independent Africa and
so far the professor has been pretty amazing,
revolutionary. oh and there was this habesha kid in
the class ... went over and literally, forcefully
introduced myself ... ahun sayferagn alkerem. beterefe
mitishaye ... i'm gonna call you before fall break
ends. nafi misses you betam ... kalteshkorememech
we'll call ya together.

wedishalew mitiye ... take care of you.

No comments: