Thursday, July 17, 2008

From Feker to Rihana - June 19, 2008

Hode,

K friend from now on at the very least I will need a confirmation that you are at least reading my mails if not responding … k gidigidaga iyawerahu indalehone lemawek malet new. Mitiye, I know I’ve been a bad friend in the past few weeks gin bitayign you’d be amazed I’m even surviving. Ketewat jemiro there’s work and right afterwards I have to entertain the parents minamin and its just been hectic as hell. And it feels like I’m trying to squeeze in as much time as possible with them since God knows when I’ll be seeing them again. Bitayi mitiyi bilshit argewugn lihedu new. I got used to that ‘I don’t have to worry about stuff so much cuz there are adults present’ kind of attitude and now they’re leaving and I feel like the 18 year old who was leaving her home again. Its weird but it also got me to reflect on a lot of things in my life. More about this some other time. Today I went to lunch with an intern here to the main cafeteria to sample their apparently most sought out cuisine. Mitiye, liben tamime temeleskulish. Sijemir gena keberu jemiro yalew security beka everyone SCREAMS ‘kebad sew’. The cafeteria deserves every praise I have heard so far. First thing that greeted me as I entered the doors (...). I swear mitiye the irony of it all I just couldn’t suppress the laughter bubbling inside. Siketil the cafeteria boasts any dish you might fancy, from oriental to African to plain ole pizza. And the people? They have their fantastic lunches everyday at this fantastic cafeteria while they discuss the millions starving, wretched citizens of our sad world. Something wrong with this picture? Inja mitiye, nege inem I might even end up leading these same conversations with the same people, except then they’d be my colleagues who I won’t ridicule but share common sentiments with.Ay mitisha, I swear new milish beka bicha betam azenkugn. Demo there were a lot of international people there and I imagined their lives here away from their homes of course patting themselves at the back for landing a job with the esteemed world bank (kind of like what I’m doin right about now)and never really accomplishing much for their people. You know what I want right now? I would love to have a convo with my mirror ‘Mirror, mirror on the wall, who’s the hypocrite of them all?” I’m not worried about the answer now in a few years???!!! The mirror will be the bane of my existence and I will only have two choices. I will either shut the mirror in its rightful place (yehone kum satin wist) and let it collect dust or I will look, listen and take charge. Darlin, I emailed Nafki last time and asked of an update from her. Lijachin is in Argentina (do you believe?) chillin nonetheless and is not sure whether she’ll be staying there for the summer or not. But she’s fine and I told her you’d have news for her and she’s not too happy about it. She thinks you’re “crazy” lol. Wedishalew mitiye … I shall call ya kesira siweta.

No comments: