Tuesday, July 15, 2008

From Feker to Rihana - Sept 8, 2007

Darling,

Where should I start??? At the moment, I'm lying down
on Nafi's bed and emailing you, my dear friend cause
you have no idea how much you're missed. I passed by
Wilder hall just now ina beka chuhi chuhi new yalegn.
Mitiye gin as much as I miss you in a way I'm glad
you're not here. This semester is going to decide
where I'm going to end up next year. I'm trying to
spend as much time on my own as possible ... sort of
like a self assessment period. Mount Holy is boring as
ever ... nothing new. Mitiye woyneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee so
much to tell you. Where should I start?

For the first time in my life, when I left Addis, I
felt sure that I wanted to come back. There was no
where else I was going to feel at home. I don't know
if I'll be able to pull it off gin I wanna go back.
But with one exception. Not in the near future. I told
you before ... this is the age to be confused biye
rasen latsinana. The one sure thing I've realized about
myself is I CAN'T HANDLE ROUTINE. I just finished
reading Paulo Cohelo's 'Veronica Decides to Die' and
it was like he was reading my mind and putting it down
in such beautiful language. I know for sure i don't
wanna stay here. I want Ethiopia to be my base but i
wanna leave it every once in a while so that i won't
'meshaget'. Do you see an international consultant for
third world countries in the making? I sure hope so.
WOuuuuuuuf enough with this bakish ... even thinking
about it makes me tired.

E. Mitiye ... to tell you the truth I'm amazed at
myself. I always thought that the actual guy I dated
... I would madly fall in love with. Alas, none of
that with Mister E. In a way I'm really glad he turned
out to be the way he did. That's probably why we even
lasted that long. He's mature and didn't see any
future with a 22 year old who was leaving in a month.
I really appreciate him for that. It ended like it
started ... casually. No I'll wait for you empty
promises that grate on your ear or crocodile tears
that will end up 'mashemakeking' you much later on.
Maybe if I had stayed something would have come out of it
... or maybe not. But dear friend ... not to worry
about me. My heart is intact and waiting for the next
lucky 'shebela' to come sweep me off my feet. (yeah
right)

Beterefe darling take care,
have fun, work hard and come back soon.

wedishalew.

Miti.

No comments: