Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Reply, From Rihana to Feker.? 2007

Aleme,
>
> Your email could not have arrived at a better
> time. No reason at all, just cuz. Endet aleshelegn?
> I'm so glad to hear that MoHo is not so bad. I
> totally understand given the fact that this is your
> last year. Can you believe it miti? You're actually
> graduating. And i remember like it was yesterday
> when you knocked at my door, Ham 304, first year to
> give yourself the glad tidings of finding a
> friendship you'll forever charish :). Who would have
> thought? Ya Allah, Mitisha how glad i am... for
> everything that has happened in my life ever since
> then. Especially given the fact that most have been
> blessings in disguise even though i still haven't
> quite grasped them. I think ten years from now i'll
> look at my years at MoHo as one of the most
> difficult but also one that has shaped me into
> becoming my true self. I honestly believe it. I've
> cried more in college then any other time in my life,
> but I’ve also found more meaning in my life then
> ever before...and i still have 2 more years
> to go... there will definitely be more tears, but
> the result, darlin, i believe will be worth it all.
> I have no worries whatsoever about you finding a
> job. It's only a matter of you getting exactly what
> you want and that too, i'm sure allah will provide.
> I think it's a great idea that you're thinking of
> doing your thesis - bemoral alen yaw endemitawekew.
> I don't know what i can say about my classes...i
> can say a lot, but don't know exactly what. I guess i
> don't want to say it too soon. My Arabic class is
> going well, actually i love it, it's so much fun. I'm
> taking a sociology class which is actually my
> hardest and most interesting class believe it or
> not. I still haven't gotten around the way i'm
> suppose to go about our text, but i'm getting there.
> It's challenging, but very different. I like it.
> International Organization - The readings are a lot.
> But when i'm in the class i feel like i'm in
> high school...still don't want to say it too soon.. i
> have a presentation tomorrow for it so…but the
> readings are so interesting and i'm actually
> thinking about looking into UN jobs for the summer?
> Anyhoo i've already decided on what i'm doing my
> paper on - reformation of the UN... What else?
> International Politics of the Middle East. So far it
> feels redundant somehow, but i'm hoping it will get
> better. I don't think i've told you this.
> But the guy who give this class looks like a
> bodybuilder. Mitisha i'm not kidding you! It is so
> hard to pay attention in his class. Not that he's
> cute or anything like that. But you just wonder how
> in the world a guy like that can end up being a prof.
> at a university. So, unfortunately, i spent the last
> class imagining a 100 different stories on how he
> ended up being a prof... or whether he attained the
> body after the degree or vice versa. Becha as you
> can see...tenesh yasgeremal. The last and definitely
> not the least class, it's title changed at the last
> minute by the way is - Political Economy of
> Development. As interesting as the readings are,
> darling, the professor is a woman who would much
> prefer to be enjoying her last years of bliss at home
> with her books than with a bunch of Americans ( in
> her eyes) who act liberal but are as cunning as
> Husni Mubarek, whom she hates. I honestly don't know
> how in the world she's going to teach the rest of
> the semester, worse yet if she's
> going to live through out the semester. All in all,
> all class readings are a lot, hard, very interesting
> but the actual class...i think i'm going to have to
> wait and see.
> I'm really appreciating what Mount Holyoke has to
> offer. We are lucky. Keza belay demo. The students!
> All upper class Egyptians go to school here. They
> don't look like they are here to go to classes. It
> looks like match.com live. They come with their
> gucci sunglasses and skinny jeans walking around like
> they are the IT. It's really funny. But i don't want
> to generalize.... Becha bezu gud yasayenal.
>
> Ramadan is going well. I think i've told you, i
> met this girl from Portland, who is originally from
> Somalia. We've become good friends. I don't even eat
> iftat at my place, we cook at her apartment - yep
> you read me right, cook. Betay endet
> endeteshashalku. She makes most of the things but i
> help. Therefore one new discovery - i'm definilty
> going to cook in the future!!
>
> Wiii mitisha, i still have a lot to say but ejen
> dekemegn... i think i'll finish this tomorrow.
> I'm so glad to hear that nafi is trying to do
> better. I'm very proud of her and i'm sure you're
> going to be there for her no matter what.... beka
> mitisha eje liwelk new. This stupid keyboard bedenb
> altekemetem. Beka read u soon darling. I love you.

No comments: